Anna's birthday celebration actually began the Thursday before her birthday. I brought one of her favorites, chocolate Krispy Kreme doughnuts, to her class at snack time. True to form (see last year's school birthday post as a reference), Anna refused to smile, wear her birthday headband, or lead her class in the blessing (she was prayer leader that day). She was definitely in the No Fun Zone. What is it about my presence in her school that turns her into such a weirdo? (Thankfully, the teachers have confirmed that she is not always a weirdo. Just when I'm around. Great.)
The sad birthday girl.
For her actual birthday on Monday, the whole family went to Treetop Adventure. Here she is getting ready for her first go kart ride with Dad. At first, she thought the cars were too loud, but once they got going (at a very low speed), she loved it!
MeMe and Poppy went for a ride too. We have video evidence to prove it.
Learning to play skee ball.
Trying out mini-bowling. Her favorite part was definitely watching the balls being returned up the shoot. I can't tell you how many times she shouted, "Wow!" over and over during this experience. I guess it was her word of the day.
This is the way Sara celebrated her sister's birthday almost the entire time we were there, thank goodness!
Shooting baskets.
Look at that form. She's a natural. Big Daddy will be so proud. If only she had a little more height...
Riding the motorcycle.
This is the picture that she insisted that I take right before bed that night. Lovely. The next day we went to see the pediatrician for her 3 year-old check-up. Here are her stats: 28.8 pounds and 35 1/2 inches tall (25th percentile for both). Thankfully, she's no longer scared of being weighed and measured (as she was at last year's check-up.) This year's trauma: having her blood pressure taken. It took lots of convincing, 3 stickers, and the promise of a sucker afterwards to make that happen. Kids are so funny.





I can laugh because my kids are the same way when I go to a school party! Looks like a fun birthday weekend!
ReplyDelete