Sara turned one year old on June 11. At her 12 month check-up on June 14 (our ten year wedding anniversary, by the way), she weighed in at 20 lbs 10 oz and 29 inches long (50th percentile for both). She is really growing up fast--waving, dancing, trying to brush her own hair and "dress" herself. Walking some (5 or 6 steps at a time), but still mostly crawling. She loves her paci and her lovey and her big sister. Lots of babbling and maybe (?) her first word: "da" for "dog,"(which was Anna's first word, too, strangely enough). It's funny how kids are different. I was looking back at my post from when Anna turned one, and she had three or four words at this age and a couple of sign language words, but was just barely starting to stand up, whereas Sara is already on the verge of walking, but there's not much happening expressively (other than gestures). I wonder how much is nature versus nuture/birth order?
(P.S. As of the date of this post (July 14), we've officially got a walker! Actually, Sara started walking as her primary means of locomotion about a week ago. She also has definitely added another word to her vocabulary. Can you guess what it is? Not Daddy or Mama, but "Anna!" Clear as can be. She calls it out all day long, when she's looking for her favorite playmate, her big sis! She's also gotten some of her molars in. I think they may have been there for a while, but I just somehow failed to notice until about a week ago. And along with the new teeth comes another new skill, albeit not a very desirable one. Yep, it seems we've got another biter on our hands! This week alone, she bit four kids in her class. I'm so proud. Let's hope it's a short-lived phase. This could get really embarrassing!)
No comments:
Post a Comment