Monday, February 21, 2011

Eighteen Month Update

Anna turned 18 months old on January 30 and had her well-child checkup on February 3.  Here are her latest stats:  23 lbs. 10 oz. (50th percentile) and 32 1/2 inches (75th percentile).  Now, I've seen Anna around all of her classmates and friends, and she is noticeably shorter than all of them.  I also know that a 5'3" mom and a 5'8" dad do not produce a child that's in the 75th percentile for height.  So I'd venture to say that the white paper that's on the doctor's table (where they stretch the kids out and mark the top of their head and the bottom of their feet) probably got crumpled up under a very non-compliant Anna and added a couple of inches to her height.  When I attempted to measure her again later at home, I got something closer to 31 inches and the 50th percentile.  Now that seems more likely!

No comments:

Post a Comment