The day before Easter, Anna and I went over to Grandmama's house to resurrect the tradition of the annual Easter Bunny cake. We hadn't attempted to make one in years, but this was something that my Grandmama Louise had done for several years with Lauren and I when we were growing up and I thought Anna might get a kick out of it this year. I was right. Aunt Lauren took the lead and little James was just along for the ride!
First step: making the very yummy cream cheese icing--a family favorite!
Here's the cake all done and ready to be decorated...
After icing it, next comes the coconut "fur."
Then you add food coloring for the ears and bow tie.
The final touches: jelly bean eyes and polka dots.
Ta-da!
The finished product! Pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself...
Then it was on to dying Easter eggs.
Happy Easter!



Great pictures Lindsey! I wanted to make a bunny cake with the kids but forgot all about it - next year! I'm super impressed with yall's!
ReplyDeleteVery cute pictures! And y'alls easter eggs turned out a lot brighter than ours did! I may have to try this bunny cake version next year! I did bunny cupcakes from a kit I got at Target this year, because a few years ago I tried a Martha Stewart bunny cake and it was a disaster of epic proportions!!
ReplyDelete