Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday!

 The day before her actual birthday, Anna's grandparents and I took cupcakes to her school so that she could celebrate with her classmates.  I thought she would be super-excited because, as she is the youngest in her class, she had been waiting a long time for it to finally be her turn to be the birthday girl.  Well, as it turns out, Anna was not super-excited.  She wasn't excited at all.  Instead, she was super-weirded-out that her grandparents and I were at her school with cupcakes.  I guess it's that phenomenon of two worlds colliding.  She just sat very still at the table for a long time, completely poker-faced, staring at her cupcake.  No talking, no smiling, no moving.  (See photo below.)  Her teacher, Ms. Dutchess, was astounded.  She had never seen Anna so subdued.  Go figure.  She did eventually warm up a little and eat her cupcake and play on the playground with her friends, so fortunately it wasn't a total fail!






No comments:

Post a Comment