Monday, April 5, 2010

Eight Months Old


Anna turned 8 months old on March 30. As you can see, she's getting more hair all the time, but as it grows longer, it refuses to lay down! She always looks as if she's just stuck her finger in a light socket. Speaking of which, looks like we're going to have to baby-proof pretty soon, as she is on the verge of crawling. She's not mobile yet, but she has figured out how to get up on her hands and knees and rock. She has graduated to her 6-9 month size clothes and we think she now weighs about 17 1/2 lbs. At least she did a couple of weeks ago when she had surgery to open up her blocked tear duct. Everything went well and there's no more eye gunk! Yay! The last big news is that we've started finger foods--just cheerios and puffs--and she seems to have finally figured out that she's supposed to eat them and not just play with them. She's also been practicing some with her sippy cup. So all in all, it's been a pretty exciting month. What will next month bring?

2 comments:

  1. I just want to pick her up and squeeze her! I love that her hair won't lay down...does this mean she will have hair really full of volume when she gets older? the girls just sling their sippy cups around but I think partly it is because the only thing I've put in there is water, which they could care less about...what do you put in anna's? I'm so glad the eye surgery went well!!

    ReplyDelete